Provides a comprehensive view of food manufacturing cost, profit margins, and labor expenses to help you make better business decisions. Your Microsoft Dynamics or Quickbooks food solution.
Microsoft Dynamics/ Dynamics 265 Business Central
Microsoft Dynamics and Quickbooks
Do you already have an investment in Microsoft Dynamics NAV, GP, or SL? Are you already on Quickbooks and don’t want to move from that yet? Are you looking to migrate to Microsoft Dynamics Business Central?
VicinityFood integrates seamlessly to the Quickbooks as well as the Microsoft Dynamics and Microsoft Dynamics 356 Business Central product offerings. Food manufacturers from emerging to large can utilize the power of VicinityFood.
- Quickbooks Food = GL, AP, AR, Chart of Accounts
- Microsoft Dynamics Food (NAV, GP, SL and BC) = GL, AP, AR, IV, SOP, POP
- Microsoft Dynamics Business Central Food = Private Hosted or On-Premise
- Start with Intuit and Quickbooks Online and when ready upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics
Review Production Costs
Do you have insight into the different factors that may cause your production cost to fluctuate?
As sales and marketing review how your price points stack up on the grocery shelf, your production managers need to calculate labor, packaging and overhead production costs at the batch level so you can review actual costs by product, formula or production facility over a given time period.
- Calculate materials, labor, packaging and overhead production costs at the batch level
- Review actual costs by product, formula or production facility over a given time
- Evaluate actual production costs, by individual batch, packaging styles or group by brand
- Pinpoint underperforming brands or recipes with high variation outside production specs
- Utilize the Component Cost Roll-Up Report – A complete BOM breakdown of the unit cost identifying each element consumed in an individual finished good, such as water, packaging items, and individual ingredients
When a vendor changes prices for key ingredients how does your system help identify the impact on the cost of all products?
For food manufacturers prices changes for ingredients are inevitable. VicinityFood provides a quick view of the financial impact a change of one or more ingredients can have on the price of products produced. This allows pricing to be reviewed and changes made long before the price changes impact the cost of received inventory.
- Provide new costs for an unlimited number of ingredients via data entry or import from Excel
- Supports unlimited scenarios to test
- Review the Cost Rollup Report detailing the newly calculated production cost and optionally update standard costs
Do you spend more time collecting data than modeling it to communicate status and period results?
Evaluating an ingredient substitution and how that may impact your bottom line is one example of where Vicinity software can help streamline your data reporting.
- Analyze all your cost entries with simple drag & drop functionality via an intelligent query tool (VicinityView)
- Utilize the Component Cost Roll-Up Report – A complete BOM breakdown of the unit cost identifying each element consumed in an individual finished good, such as hops, water, crowns, bottles, etc.
- Review scenario-based impacts of certain price changes on overall production cost with the Proposed Cost Report
- Measure your forecasting efforts against summary reports tallying invoices by product and distributor for the MTD period with the Invoice by Finished Good Item Report