Celebrating 20 years of growth in the chemical, food and brew markets.
The year 2021 marks an important milestone for Vicinity Software. We celebrate our 20th anniversary in March as a provider of industry-leading batch processing ERP solutions for manufacturers. Vicinity is known for introducing the first software product for formula-based manufacturing in the Microsoft Dynamics reseller space.
The past two decades have been a time of growth and change…as the world evolved, so did we.
Take a look at the below milestones graphic to get a sense of our journey from 2001 to today.
A few key achievements from the past 20 years include:
- Evolution of the Vicinity product to SaaS in 2011, then Quickbooks Online® integration in 2015 and most recently Business Central integration in 2021
- Integrations with Microsoft Dynamics (GP, NAV, SL, BC) and QuickBooks Online to meet the needs of small and large customers as well as partner integrations with Accellos, Panatrack, FASCOR, Sovos, Microstar and more
- Quarterly software releases began in 2014 and since that time over 150 new features have been added, maintaining a fast-paced deployment schedule and keeping the product fresh
- 2002: Signed first VicinityFood client—Mother Murphy’s—still with us
- 2003: Welcomed VicinityChem clients—ATCO and Faux Effects—still working together
- 2004: Hello to Highland Brew and Flying Dog—Cheers to our first VicinityBrew clients
- 2004: First international client—HIPAC located in Barbados—still with us
“As we enter our third decade, Vicinity Software’s scalability makes it a top choice among batch manufacturers and our integration with Dynamics 365 Business Central will help deliver a comprehensive software solution that grows with our client,” said Randy Smith, co-founder and CEO of Vicinity Software.
“Our success can be attributed to the efforts of our exceptional employees and the great client partnerships they have developed, which have sustained and fueled our growth over the past 20 years. And we are pleased to say that many of our customers have been with us for much of this journey.”
As part of our 20th-anniversary fun, we wanted to highlight a few of our customers and tell their stories throughout this year. One thing that has made Vicinity successful and is a major part of our everyday mission (and something our clients always mention), is that our technical support and customer service is just a phone call or email away. We provide personalized service for all our clients, no matter the size.
Yes, we are a small team, but our small team is MIGHTY and able to provide one-on-one service to all our clients. We love that our clients are on a first-name basis with their account manager, implementation consultant and technical support team. That hasn’t changed in our 20 years. And it never will.
Don’t just take our word for it. Check out a few success stories from our friends.
Blast from the past – a look back
Do you remember these logos from years past??!!
In 2019, Vicinity Manufacturing officially rebranded to Vicinity Software. The new logo mark of Vicinity represents a collaboration with manufacturers coming together to help engineer and foster growth. The diagonal lines come together forming the shape of a “V” which also acts as a funnel symbolizing the Vicinity process of assisting clients to reach their goals. We wanted our new branding to convey everything Vicinity stands for. It had to be fundamentally apparent that our software solution caters to formula manufacturers in the chemical, food and brewing space, that our platform is flexible and sophisticated, that we are dependable, and above all else, we are client-oriented.
We also rebranded our vertical products:
Stay tuned for more highlights from the past 20 years. In the meantime, check out our vertical sites for VicinityChem, VicinityFood, and VicinityBrew. We continue to try to better serve our users in formula manufacturing with a scalable, software system that accommodates the complexities of formula manufacturers.
Here are other articles you might like: